Summer Term 2017.
This term out topic is all about food. It's Scrumdiddlyumptious!
We started our half term by getting nice an messy! We created our own mud pies by following a recipe. After doing this we were able to evaluate the features that make a set of instructions effective.
We are loving our topic and enjoy getting stuck in and looking at all different aspects of food! So far we have:
- Created a banana spilt and written our own instructions/recipe for making one.
- Investigated different types of bread and designed and baked our own.
- Tracked the journey of a banana from plant to plate and sampled a variety of different dishes that use it as a main ingredient.
- Looked in detail at unusual fruits and vegetables and create still life drawings using pastels.
- Carried out further investigation into the most unusual fruits of the world and used this research to design our own weird and wonderful fruit. We then made these out of clay.